Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Savoring the last days of Summer.


I cannot believe it is already September. Seriously, this summer was the fastest summer ever. I have no doubt now that as you get older time goes by faster. Because that is how I have been feeling.

Frisbee. How we all love it.
Want to know something funny? Until this year we had never heard of Ultimate Frisbee. Sure we knew what a frisbee was...but playing a sport with a frisbee...my brothers and sisters and I were thinking how dumb does that sound. Ha. That was until we played. And um...simply. We are addicted now. Another sad thing about summer winding down. Frisbee winds down too. Until next spring.
My brothers sometimes forget we aren't playing Tackle Football and decide to take out players. I can say I survived being smashed by my 19 year old brother who is over 6 ft. My sisters and I have kinda learned to play rough in sports....with 3 brothers. I think it is a bit hard not too.

Steven (in the tan cargos)...why he is leaning up against the pole...I do not know.

I'm in the blue shorts on the far left and my sister Lisa is on the right in the blue shorts. We bring a LOT of players...ha. 6 of us.


Park Days with friends on a sunny day. Pretty sweet.

We are sane. I assure you.



Our Church Softball Team. My 3 brothers and I played. We have a couple more games and then sadly we have to wait until next summer.

I will be back in not too long with a food post. Thank you guys for sticking around while I was taking a break from blogging this summer!!
God gave me a amazing summer and one I will remember forever. He is good.



Photobucket

6 comments:

ragamuffinbeauties said...

What a fun summer indeed! Can't wait for you to be back...I don't comment much, maybe at all, but I love your blog and have missed your posts!

kIaNa said...

Goodbye Summer:-(

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had such a fun summer! It really does go by too fast. I can't wait to see more of your yummy cooking!!

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had such a great summer!

Tori said...

We LOVE ultimate frisbee!! It is so fun! We've had our share of bruises - we know this one guy that has tackled his share of people! :-)

Meg said...

So much fun! Glad you had an amazing summer!